Back by popular demand another gluten-free recipe!. One of my dearest friends is a genius with creating gluten-free recipes and this is one of my favorites from her yummy collection! No guesses why and Irish girl loves these perfect time time treats so much… They are loaded with oats!! After receiving rave reviews from my last gluten-free Irish oatmeal cookie (shared with thanks again by Sharon) I thought it was time to step it up with another delicious recipe to add to the gluten-free baking collection.
Here is the recipe folks!
Gluten free raspberry oatmeal squares
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup unrefined coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup organic sucanat (wholesome sweeteners)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 (10 oz) jar raspberry fruit spread or homemade jam (even better)
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×13’ baking dish with canola oil. Combine melted coconut oil and sucanat, and mix for 1 minute on medium high-speed. Gradually add brown rice flour, flaxseed meal, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt and mix on medium high for one minute, scraping bowl occasionally. Add oats and mix on high for 1-2 minute.
- Press the mixture onto bottom of dish. Spread the fruit spread on top. Sprinkle top with coconut.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Lets squares cool for 1 hour before slicing in to 18 squares or desired size.
Check out Sharon’s gluten-free kitchen and more face book page but for now the Shamrock and Peach is most thankful for permission to share this recipe with my gluten-free friends and followers! And, if you are not gluten-free (like me) this recipe still rocks the house!
Enjoy this gluten-free treat!
Judith the Irish foodie