Last weekend we hosted our annual Shamrock and Peach Christmas Open House with entertainment from the Atlanta school of Irish music, which was a real treat to the ears. but of course, I wanted to ensure my guests also had a treat for their tummies with some delicious festive bites…
Kerrygold graciously sent me some cheese for cooking school events and I had the opportunity to create festive pecan and pistachio blue cheese grape bites- which were a big hit I must say! Cashel Blue from Cashel in Ireland, is my absolute favorite because of it’s’ buttery color and round full flavor. I am also drawn to great stories about where food comes from and this cheese takes the biscuit (with the cheese of course) produced by one family in Ireland and distributed in America by Kerrygold. Small beginnings with a big future! Here goes the simple recipe:
- 1 large bunch of red seedless grapes
- 1 cup pecans (toasted) or pistachios for the holidays
- 1/2 cup marscarpone cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3 oz cashel blue cheese
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes to toast. Remove nuts from the oven and cool before finely chopping with a knife or pulsing in food processor.
- Combine the cashel blue cheese, marscapone and cream cheese by hand or in food processor until smooth.
- Wash and dry grapes. Fold in grapes to cheese mixture with a spatula. Roll each grape individually in hands until covered in nuts. Chill prior to serving.
These were a big hit and my open house so please enjoy!
Judith the Irish foodie