What could be more Irish than adding Guinness to our desserts? (As if drinking our favorite beverage was not enough?). Each year Guinness have a new marketing slogan with a clever philosophical twist and this year the campaign is ‘made of more’. Shamrock and Peach tours take our guests on adventures that inspire the soul and mind through the wonder and beauty of Ireland. Traveling and adventure have a way of inspiring us all to be made of more.
This recipe was shared during the summer when my tour company visited the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin. I decided to put my own spin on it by serving them in shot glasses and adding cream and gold sparkles for festive fun! As always, enjoy, and as we close out one year and soon to begin a new one, remember ‘we are all made of more‘. Maybe next time is your year to visit Ireland?
Guinness Chocolate Mousse shots
- 10 egg yolks
- 10 egg whites (whisked)
- 2 cups (350 grams) semi sweet chocolate
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) kerrygold Irish butter
- ¼ cup fine granulated sugar
- 100 mls (just under ½ cup) Guinness
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (whipped)
- Edible gold glitter
How to make it:
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips and kerrygold Irish butter in a double boiler and stir in the Guinness draught.
- Beat the egg yolks and fine granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the melted chocolate mixture in with the egg yolks and slowly fold in the whisked egg yolks until everything is smooth.
- Transfer mouse in to shot glasses and chill.
- To serve whip cream and pipe or spoon in to each shot glass.
- Garnish with edible gold glitter.
Enjoy as always!
Judith the Irish foodie