After returning from my final Irish tour dining at the tables of Ireland’s finest chefs I am inspired and invigorated…but hey, its now back to reality, and as a busy Mom, it’s time to stock up the tins for my boys.
I can remember coming home from school and going straight to the fridge for something homemade back in the day, and y’know my boys just do the same thing, even with their back pack strapped on just looking for something good to snack on. So, what to do?
The great thing is that these tasty bars are super fast to make and keep for a couple of weeks in an air tight container in the refrigerator (that’s if they last that long from the ravaging hordes that is!!). So, give these a go and see if your younglings will thank you!
Caramel Crispy Treats (Mars bars or Milky way call it your way)
- 1 8 oz bag of fun size Milky Way bars or 9 (2.05 oz bars)
- 8 oz (1 cup) unsalted Kerrygold Irish butter
- 6 cups rice toasted rice cereal
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
How to make them
- Grease a 13″x 9″ size pan with butter.
- Break the fun size bars up with fingers a little and add to double boiler with butter to melt on low heat stirring together until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cereal. Press in to prepared pan.
- Melt the chocolate over the double boiler stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and spread over the top of the bars.
- Let cool and refrigerate until the chocolate is firm and cut in to squares.
Keep your tins filled with love!
Judith the Irish foodie