Tomorrow is the first day of the Christmas season, and so, the feasting begins! We have just celebrated Thanksgiving in the US and now join the rest of the world to share in the season of Christmas Joy and Wonder. I have had a few requests to share my Irish Whiskey Chocolate Pecan recipe and, as it really is rather scrumptious…I thought I would share!
Irish whiskey Chocolate Pecan Pie
This pie is so rich and decadent and an amazing ending to any meal. The recipe is traditional for Thanksgiving dinners in the American South but its absolutely delicious any time of the year…hope you enjoy!
- 1 prepared pastry pie crust
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (melted)
- 6 Tbsp Irish butter (I use Kerrygold unsalted for all my baking)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- 4 large eggs (beaten)
- 3 Tbsp Irish whiskey (I use Irish man’s whiskey)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups unsalted pecan halves
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips over a double boiler
- Whisk together the eggs, sugars, honey, flour, sea salt, whiskey and vanilla to combine. Stir in the melted chocolate and butter.
- Folks in pecans and then pour mixture in to prepared pie crust.
- Bake pie for one hour or until the filling has set.
- Transfer pie to a cooling rack.
- Best served with vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy these 25 days of Christmas because all the fun is about to begin!
Judith the Irish foodie