The holiday parties are over and its time for the lean green smoothie! Renew, cleanse and detox the body with this delicious and refreshing brew! Try a green tea smoothie to kick start your day for weight loss, increase energy or to cleanse the body from toxins. I am truly a classic Irish girl black tea drinker and plenty of it may I add. But for me, Its time to change things up for the new year and detox my body after all the feasting. Interestingly, the caffeine content of green tea is lower than black tea. All teas also help flight against the effects of free radicals that are thought to cause heart disease and cancer. Hope I validated my choice of going green without any bias?
Green Tee Smoothie with cucumber and mint
- 1 cup green tea (chilled)
- 1 cup cucumber (peeled, seeded and diced)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Sprig of mint (stems removed)
- 2 Tbsp organic agave nectar
- 2 ice cubes
How to make it
(makes 1 serving)
- Add the prepared green tea to a blender then add the cucumber, lime juice, mint leaves, agave nectar and ice cubes to smooth and puree.
- Pour in to a tall chilled glass and serve right away.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint or twist of lime.
Happy New Year Detoxing!
Judith the Irish foodie