The Super Bowl is here! Families are scrambling in the store for chips and dips, beer of all stripes, and party food to please the masses…and so I thought I would offer up my very own Shamrock & Peach homage to this most American of feasts with a ‘Super Bowl Blue Cheese and Bacon Dip Special’.
Blue cheese and bacon are just made for each other, and compliment beers and brews of all sorts exceptionally well. Just add some crunchy toasts, celery sticks, cucumber, radishes, carrots or snow peas and the folks at your Super Bowl party will thank you with gusto!
After 18 years living this amazing country, we have finally adjusted to the Super Bowl Pageant, y’know, with the guys watching the game and the girls watching ads…
Have fun everyone!
Judie, the Irish Foodie.
- 8 slices of bacon (apple wood smoked bacon)
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
- 7 oz blue Irish cheese (I use Kerrygold Irish Cashel Blue)
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- Fine kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Dash of chili sauce
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- lace the bacon on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Remove from the oven to cool.
- Using a blender beat the cream cheese, buttermilk, chill sauce, mayonnaise and garlic together to a smooth consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the bacon and add to the dip (reserving 2 Tbsp to garnish). Crumble the blue cheese and stir in to dip.
- Transfer the dip mixture to a 2 cup size medium dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the dip is bubbling.
- Garnish with reserved bacon and serve warm.