It’s time to go green again and no better way to do it with seasonal antioxidant packed kale. Yup, this dip was been a huge hit on my Kerrygold Aprons Cooking Tour, and the stout whole grain mustard blends beautifully with the perfectly baked artichokes and kale. Artichokes and Kale, Artsy Kale, get it?….oh well.
The recipe also substitutes some of the mayonnaise for Greek style yogurt to slip in some more protein packed nutrition for celebratory munching. Of course, the Dubliner Irish Cheese with it’s natural crystals conjure flavors of Parmesan and Swiss, and totally melt in your mouth with ease. So, without further adieu please allow me to share my recipe and wish all my friends and followers a happy, healthy and fun St Paddy’s day!
Dubliner Kale and Artichoke Dip with Guinness Mustard
- 6 oz of Kale (1 bunch with the curly stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 12 oz artichoke hearts (frozen or a canned drained/chopped)
- 1/2 cups plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 Tbsp whole grain Guinness Mustard
- Dash of hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups Kerrygold Dubliner Irish Cheese (grated)
- 1 Tbsp Kerrygold Irish butter (room temperature)
How to make it
- Bring salted water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the kale and blanch for 1 minute. Strain the kale and place in a bath of ice cold water to stop the cooking process. Squeeze out any excess water and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the yogurt, mayo, mustard, hot sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, cheese and finally fold in the prepared kale.
- Grease an 8 inch oven proof dish with Kerrygold Irish butter and then spoon in the resulting dip.
- Bake the dip for 20-25 minutes until the dip is bubbling and has a golden brown crust.
- Serve with garlic toasts, pita chips or crackers.
Slainte to all!
Judie the Irish foodie