So, after what seemed like a long Winter – Spring has indeed sprung, and we are now on the final count down to Easter 2015. We long for the awakening of the blossoms, the bleating of lambs and the promise of new birth as spring peeks its sleepy head from hibernation. In Ireland we have one of the longest grass grazing season in the world from March to November and our cattle are released once again to graze on fresh green pastures after feasting on a brief few months of winter silage. My favorite Spring memories is to watch the cattle literally leap after being shut up inside for months onto the lush Irish pastures. So in honor of the season of renewal, of approaching Easter festivities, new life and pastures new I am sharing a recipe party idea for these wonderfully pleasing Easter egg nests…they great on the table, might be a setting idea for your Easter Sunday lunch or just a kids Easter party.
It seems like a ridiculous amount of chocolate, but it does take a generous quantity of chocolate and shredded wheat to form each nest, so just enjoy… Try them with dark, white or milk chocolate as its really “all good”, right?
Easter Egg Nests:
(makes 12 nests)
- 1 Lb. of quality milk chocolate
- 6 Large shredded wheat (141 grams)
- 36 Cadburys chocolate candy coated colored eggs
How to make them:
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- Break up the shredded wheat biscuits in a bowl and stir in the melted chocolate.
- Line a cupcake pan with cling film and spoon the mixture evenly in to each of the 12 servings shaping with the back of a teaspoon to form a nest.
- Place three chocolate candy coated eggs in each nest.
- Chill the nests until set in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes to an hour.
Happy Easter party planning and make it fun!
Judie the Irish foodie