Summer is almost over, and for some of us the kids are back to school. So, there be no better way to mark the occasion than with an end of Summer Blues Cocktail. This Shamrock and Peach Cocktail is light, refreshing, fruity and fun served in a tall Martini glass and garnished with a basil leaf (sorry no edible Shamrocks were available).
Shamrock and Peach Summer Cocktail
Any excuse for celebrating the Georgia peach? This cocktail is delicious all year around especially if you have some homemade peach preserves in the pantry.
- 1.5 oz tequila
- 1 ½ Tbsp peach preserves
- 1 oz ginger simple syrup
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- Prosecco (to top)
- Basil (to garnish)
- (for the ginger syrup)
- 4 oz fresh ginger root
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
How to make it
- To make the ginger syrup remove the rough outer skin from the ginger root with a sharp knife and then slice thinly. In a small saucepan bring the sugar and water to a boil over medium high heat. Add the ginger and simmer for a few minutes to infuse. Remove from the heat and allow the ginger to continue to infuse for 45 minutes. Strain the syrup and refrigerate.
- Using a shaker mix the tequila, peach preserves, ginger syrup and lime juice together.
- Strain in to a glass with crushed ice and top with a little Prosecco.
- Garnish with a basil leaf.
Slainte (Cheers) and enjoy!
Judith the Irish foodie