The last time the Atlanta Falcons were in the Superbowl, our eldest son was a babe in arms, and today he’s getting ready for college…so, it’s been a looong time y’all!
So, we are celebrating, whatever happens, but rooting for an Atlanta win with some really good food in the shape of hot wings marinated and glazed with my secret Irish beer and garlic hot sauce (well, secret, but recipe is below….just for you!)
So, Rise Up Atlanta, and enjoy!
Hot Wings (Rise Up Atlanta Wings)
(for the marinade)
- 3 Lbs of chicken drumsticks and wings
- 1 bottle of Harp Irish Beer (12 oz)
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated stem ginger
- 1/3 cup hot sriracha chile sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- (for the glaze)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp fresh chili (finely chopped for garnish)
How to make them
- Marinade the wings in the beer, garlic, ginger, sriracha, lemon juice, olive oil and soy sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade (and reserve).
- For a crispier skin sear the chicken meat side down for a few minutes first in a skillet to help render the fat and then transfer with tongs to a large roasting pan for about 12 minutes.
- While the wings are in the oven transfer the marinade to a small saucepan and reduce it by at least 50 per cent. Whisk in the honey and half of the spring onions.
- Remove the wings from the roasting pan and transfer to a warm platter. Toss the wings in the glaze and sprinkle over the reserved spring onions and fresh chili.
Judie, the Irish Foodie