Last week I had the honor of being a featured chef at the annual Angels on Earth event to benefit the Thomas F. Chapman Family Cancer Wellness Center. The venue was at the gorgeous Bill Low Gallery in Atlanta with 250 attendees, and yes, yours truly was the Irish chef on hand. What a privilege!
What did I present? Well, The Shamrock and Peach featured Smoked Salmon with Cucumber and Dill and Kale Irish Dip, and I believe it was a hit! So much so that several guests at the event asked me to share the recipe, so being the giving type – here it is in all of it’s glory. A Kale Irish Dip Recipe- sharing the love, and hope you enjoy!
Kale Irish Dip (with Vegetable Credos and Garlic Toasts)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz of Lacinato Kale (1 bunch with the stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 3 Tbsp of vegetable stock
- 12 oz artichoke hearts (frozen or a canned drained/chopped)
- 3/4 cups plain Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 2 Tbsp whole grain Guinness Mustard
- Dash of hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups Kerrygold Dubliner Irish Cheese (grated)
- 1 Tbsp Kerrygold Irish butter (room temperature)
- ¼ cup of Dubliner Irish cheese
- ¼ cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- (to serve)
- Vegetable Credos (cucumber, radish, carrot, celery)
- garlic toasts
How to make it
- In a large skillet sauté the kale in olive oil for 1 minute and then sprinkle with vegetable stock to soften the kale and cook for 1 minute using tongs to toss.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the yogurt, mayo, mustard, hot sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, cheese and finally fold in the prepared kale and chopped artichokes.
- Grease an 8 inch oven proof dish with kerrygold Irish butter and then spoon in the resulting dip.
- Bake the dip for 20-25 minutes until the dip is bubbling and has a golden brown crust.
- Serve with garlic toasts and vegetable credos.
Also here are just few pictures taken with my iphone from the event….
With love from Judie the Irish foodie