Only hours away from the eclipse in Georgia we wanted to highlight a local Georgia business (Oliver Farms) pictured standing in their homegrown sunflower field. Oliver Farms make award winning cold pressed, unrefined, non GMO oils from seeds and nuts native to the South – and they are fabulous, really fabulous! The also offer gluten free seeds and nuts!
When entertaining recently for a friend who is both gluten and diary free it was the perfect time to bake with the Pumpkin and Pecan flours in my pantry. I loved baking with the flour! I just loved the bright green color of the pumpkin flour and the sweet and rich flavor of the pecan flour. The bars are a good protein packed breakfast cookie with enough good fats and energy to keep your running towards the sun.
Here is the recipe:
Blackberry and Pecan Bounty Squares (gluten free recipe)
(Recipe makes 1 ½ dozen squares)
- 2 cups gluten free oats (pulse for a few seconds in food processor)
- 1 cup unrefined coconut oil (melted)
- ¾ cups cup pecan flour (ground pecans)
- ¼ cup pumpkin flour (ground pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 2 Tbsp flax seed flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 (10 oz) jar blackberry blackberry preserves (or fruit spread)
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup pecans (chopped)
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9×13’ baking dish with parchment paper to make it easy to slice.
- Combine the pecan flour, oats, pumpkin flour and rice flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the coconut oil and the vanilla and mix together until fully incorporated.
- Press the mixture onto bottom of dish. Spread the fruit spread on top. Sprinkle top with coconut and pecans.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the coconut is toasted and let the squares cool for a couple of hours before slicing.
Joy in the Journey