Tis’ the season for festive cocktails and holiday cheer! Oh yes! – This year we got to bring groups to visit the Jameson’s Whiskey distillery in Middleton, Cork, and whilst there I absolutely fell in love the simple mix of Ginger Beer and Whiskey we were served at the distillery bar, and it made me think of just how fun cocktails can be!
My catering company, Shamrock and Peach Foods, will be serving a fun new Irish styled cocktail that I came up with this year, namely a Cranberry Whiskey Fizz ,at upcoming Christmas events, and I can’t wait to hear the reaction. The cranberry base can be made a few days in advance and stored in the refrigerator, so no last minute scrambling is necessary, and your party guests will love it. It’s very light, totally refreshing and embodies all the flavors of what I consider to be Festive, merry and bright, – and I wanted so much to share it with my faithful blog followers!
So, here’s the recipe and hope you enjoy!
Spiced Cranberry – Whiskey Fizz with Rosemary
- 5 oz Jameson’s Irish whiskey
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Spiced Cranberry Syrup
- Club Soda (enough to fill up the glass)
- (for the spiced cranberry syrup)
- 1 cup of cranberries
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 rosemary stem
- ½ inch of sliced Ginger root
- (for the garnish)
- Rosemary, Cranberries, lime curl
How to make it
- To make the Spiced Cranberry syrup place the sugar, water, cranberries, ginger root, rosemary and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and simmer together for 7-8 minutes. Cover and allow to sit overnight and strain before using.
- To serve fill a glass with ice and add the whiskey, lime juice, cranberry syrup and top with club soda.
- Stir together and then garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a few cranberries.
Judith, The Shamrock and Peach