Happy Valentine’s Y’all from Atlanta Georgia! I hope everyone is having a fun Valentines and sure hope that the love in your life took you out and made your feel oh so special? Yes…?
So, what sweet treat is an Irish lass serving for Valentine’s day you ask? Well, this year I am pleased to share my recipe for Dark Chocolate Shots that’s been a big hit at our house today. When I am home in Ireland, leading my tour groups, Chefs often send out ‘Pre-desserts’, which are delicious little teasers. So, a Dark Chocolate shot is a fun addition to any party or a romantic dinner for two to whet the appetite before dessert.
Wishing you a very happy Valentine’s Day with all of my love..
Here is the easy recipe and as always enjoy!
Dark Chocolate shots
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of light whipping cream
How to make it
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch and slowly whisk in 1 1/2 cups of the cold milk.
- Transfer to a medium heavy based saucepan and begin to heat slowly stirring until it begins to thicken on a low simmer.
- Remove the milk mixture from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Before serving whisk in 1 cup of light cream.
Judith the Irish Foodie